So how much does all of this cost?
Well, we bought 10 Costco pizzas for a total of $108
I spent $71.04 at Kroger buying a case of water bottles, 6 lbs of bananas, 4 discounted scary masks,4 cans of colored hair spray, 4 discounted costumes, 36 glowsticks, 2 boxes of gallon storage bags, and 3 big things of candy.
I also spent $27 at Target buying masks, face tattoos, face paint base, and q-tips,
I've spent about $15 dollars at local thrift stores buying costumes. Spent $30 at a consignment sale buying costumes.
Next year, we'll need to buy pizza, and otherwise have enough from this year returned and remaining to make it another amazing holiday.
Shout outs to volunteers -
- DENA on Elizabeth painted faces again this year - she's so patient and amazing with the kids.
- Susan B over in American Village donated two huge boxes of her kids (who are now adults!) Halloween stuff
- Tiffany who made, printed, handed out maps
- Juan Zarazua who gave $100 to buy costumes for the kids
- Maureen on Carlton who thrift store shopped for costumes all year
- Lots of neighbors donating candy, decorating houses, handing out candy, and just generally socializing for the day.
- Harris on Cleveland for carting around boxes of costumes for years. Up and down from the attic and putting up with a room of our house taken over for prep each year.